Vidrala strongly supports innovation which is why their R&D&I dept., exclusively dedicated to developing new solutions with a special focus on product improvement of the final product delivered to the client, is so important. This guarantees its intrinsic quality, heightened flexibility of range and speed in terms of market response.
The production of glass packaging, in spite of intensive incorporation of technology, still maintains some process variables that often remain under the control of the empirical knowledge that is gained over many years of experience. The first innovative effort that Vidrala is undertaking is focused on automatically controlling all stages of the process, from the glass fusing to the final inspection and respective shipping.
Therefore, some of the more relevant technology that we are currently phasing into use, extending to all the productive installations, are:
- Smart control for running melting furnaces
- Automatic control of geometry, mass, and thermal conditions for glass drop formation
- Closed-loop control systems for thermal control and mould pressure control
- Artificial vision in visible and I-R spectra for quality inspection during the moulding (hot-end) phase
- Automatic sampling in the moulding machine (hot-end) with statistical process control
- Latest generation unit inspection machines, with high-definition artificial vision and self-learning algorithms;
- Smart control of warehouses via pallet unit identification with RFID